Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Rock in My Eye


Everyone gets the occasional pebble in their eye and with little effort that pebble can be taken out. However, sometimes there is that one pebble that feels like a huge rock and will make someone actually miserable until they get it out.

Today, while at work all of the sudden I felt like I had a whole brick in my right eye. It was very annoying and I usually don't make a big deal about little things like that, but this time it was different. I rubbed and rubbed my eye to try to get the rock out, but nothing happened. It was very frustrating having that in my eye. As soon as I got a chance I looked in the mirror and saw that there was a small particle right on top of my pupil. I had never gotten anything on my pupil. The times before I had things in my eyes they have always been really close to the eyelid and they were really easy to get out. I started thinking about how I could have gotten something like that in my eye. Then, I had a quick flashback of how almost bug crash landed into my eye and I assumed the worst. I thought that a bug had stung me on my eye and it just took a while for the pain to kick in. I took another look at the mirror to see my eye and then what first resembled like a small pebble now looked like a stinger. Ahhhh! I thought I would lose my vision or have my eye fall off and have to wear an eye patch for the rest of my life! Just imagine that…Not good! Anyways, I washed my eye and used everything in the first aid kit for eyes, but nothing worked! I was being very negative and was very irritated at everything and everyone. I lost hope and went back to work. A few minutes later I rubbed my eye and Bamm!!! All of the sudden my eye felt normal again. What a relief!

It is crazy to look back at the situation and realize everything that was going on. When I had whatever it was in my eye I was being very pessimistic and negative. The particle in my eye might have been slightly bigger than anything I ever had in the past, but it was still something very minor which I shouldn’t have made a big deal about. It was like I was pushed into a new and unknown situation and panicked. I wish I would have stayed calm and saved myself a few grey hairs. However, I’m glad this happened because I learned a valuable lesson. From now on I am going to remain calm in all situations, but especially tough ones.

This will save many future regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment