As much as I would like to be, I am not made of steel. I too, have days when am feeling down and even though I may try to not show it, deep down inside there is usually something bothering me. This happens occasionally, it seems to happen when I have absolutely nothing to do. For example, since I won't have anything to do or worry about my mind will start wondering off and creating alternate realities that just kill me.*
A couple of years ago there was a time where I was just feeling horrible and I do not remember why. One of my friends was trying to cheer me up and this person said something I will never forget. This person told me to “KEEP MY HEAD UP”. At the time I didn’t realize how strong those few words are and only after so many years I realize how much those words mean. Keeping your head up is the best remedy for anything. If people have positive outlooks on good or bad situations the only outcome of the situation can be positive.
At the time not realizing this, ‘Keep Ya Head Up” is a song by 2Pac. It must have came out sometime back in the 90's when music was good and not like that bunch of crap that is always playing on the radio.
This is by far one of my favorite songs and I listen to it all of the time. Anyone can relate to this not just poor people in the ghetto. Everyone has their own struggles and have times when they’re feeling down. Luckily I do not have to face half of the struggles that 2Pac mentions in this song.
There are some things that 2Pac says in this song that are just too real and when I hear them I try to see how I can apply them to my daily life.
“If you fall, stand tall and comeback for more…” – 2pac
--- This means a lot to me. As simple as it may sound getting up after a fall may be one the toughest things for people to do.
“Dying inside, but outside you're looking fearless” – 2pac
--- Not trying to sound old, but it seems that people now days only care about what others think and not what they think about themselves. People need to be more positive about themselves and worry less about what others think. “Dying inside…” I go through this too. Sometimes it is better to open up and let compressed feelings out slowly rather than pretending there is nothing wrong and one day just blowing up of all the pain inside. Aside from all selfishness, the only person that truly matters is YOU. If someone can’t function properly alone, how would they expect to be able to work in a team or in the real world?
Although, out of hundreds of songs 2Pac wrote there are only a few positive ones, we need more rappers like 2Pac who inspire people to do better and to push forward when times are tough. Honestly, the few inspiring songs that I’ve listened from 2Pac are enough for me and generations to come to keep our heads up and be to be mentally strong.
*There are two feelings that are extreme opposites of each other that I may mention. One is "killing me" and the other is "melting". Thinking about them they sound very alike, but they have a completely different feeling to them. It's a simple as this: "Melting" is good and "killing" is bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment