Today has been a good day so far. I took one of my last finals, and I have the rest of the day to myself. During the exam I was daydreaming about the things I needed to do over the summer and I took a mental note. Once out, I came up with a list of goals for this summer and it looks something like this:
1. Join a gym and get in shape.
2. Find a second job.
3. Sell my current car to buy a newer and better one.
These are only a few of the things that I came up with and of course with each goal there has to be a plan of action. Maybe by doing this, I will actually accomplish my goals, unlike all the New Year resolutions people come up with.
1. Join a gym and get in shape: This is probably the first thing that I will be able to accomplish. One of my friends in school has been going to a gym throughout the whole semester and has been inviting me the whole time. I did not want to do it because I felt like I had a full plate on my schedule and did not want to add more. So I was waiting until school was out. Now that school is basically over. I am going to talk to him and have him take me to gym and show me around. I’m going to do this today.
2. Find a second job. This is something I been contemplating for a while, but I also hadn’t really looked into it because of school. The reason why I want another job is to have more money for more things. I know I know, that might sound greedy, but more money is always good. This week I’m going to look through the classifieds on craigslist and the local newspaper to find a second job. Preferably, I would want to work indoor that way the weather would not affect me and somewhere really close to home or downtown.
3. Sell my current car to buy a newer and better one. Sometimes I hate myself for not listening to advice given by others and this is the outcome or my naïve self. A few weeks ago, thinking the car was just being stupid I ignored the warning lights on my car and I let it overheat. No, I didn’t stop on the side of the freeway when I saw the warning lights. Instead I kept driving and let the entire tank of coolant fluid leak to later find out that the engine was smoking like a chimney. Ever since that day, my car hasn’t been the same and I have to keep putting water in before going on long drives. My car can break down any day, and that is why I need a new one. This goal may be the hardest to accomplish because it relies on me finding a second job.
Looking back at the goals that I came up with, I realized that everything is about me. Of course, those are my personal goals and should be about me, but maybe I’m too selfish. I need to stop worrying about myself and do something for someone. I am going to come up with a fourth goal. My goal will be to help or contribute to someone or something other than myself.
Taking the few items on my list into consideration I know that everything on that list is possible, so my plan will be to fulfill each goal before the summer is over in September and I have to back to school.
My Goals for the Summer
1. Join a gym and get in shape.
2. Find a second job.
3. Sell my current car to buy a newer and better one.
4. My goal will be to help or contribute to someone or something other than myself
cross off your #4 goal for the summer.
ReplyDeleteYou helped me throw the biggest 21st birthday party of the year!
thanks for that.